What’s a Solution in CRM?
A Solution in CRM, is a pack of components and customizations that you can move over different environments.
How do I create a Solution?
- On the up left corner, click on “Sales”. Note: This label can change based on the module you currently are on.
- Click on Settings
- Click on Solutions
- Click on New
- A new window will pop-up. There are several fields that need to be populated:
- Display Name – Name that will be displayed.
- Name (Auto populated based on Display Name) – Logical name of the solution, cannot be duplicated.
- Publisher – Allow us to add a prefix to the customizations made in this solution. The recommendation is to create a custom publisher while doing customizations, however, as this tutorial is for solutions, we’ll use the Default Publisher.
- Version – Current version of the solution. This field helps to improve the control over your versions.
- After Populating the required fields, click on Save, in the left side corner
After following these steps, now you’ll have a new custom solution that you can use to do customizations in your environment. In further tutorials I’ll explain how to add components to a solution.