As described in the title, today I had to fix a pretty strange error that was appearing on two Lookups whenever I tried to change their values in the form. Basically, after clicking on any of these two fields, CRM was throwing the next error: Unhandled Exception: System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[[Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.OrganizationServiceFault, Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk, Version=184.108.40.206, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35]]: System.Xml.XmlException: Microsoft Dynamics … Continue reading Strange error on lookup CRM 365
As variant to a recent post I did, here's another plugin to manage the Activation/Deactivation of records. In this post, I'll describe a plugin that will control these actions in Contact Entity by only allowing users with an specific role. Plugin step details: Message: Update Filtering Attributes: statecode Run in user’s context: Calling User Event … Continue reading Plugin to only allow users with certain role to deactivate records
As we know, MS Dynamics CRM Roles does not have a direct privilege to allow or restrict users to either Activate or Deactivate their own records. To do manage this, one of the easiest ways is to build a plugin to control this action. Find below a plugin to restrict users to deactivate only their … Continue reading Plugin to restrict users to deactivate only their own records
Find below a C# method to check if an specified user(Sent as parameter) has System Admin role. The method will return true if so. Otherwise, it will return false. Hope it helps.